In our experience, unfortunately, most companies make the same 5 mistakes in managing their IT. We’re sharing those here so you can benefit from our experience too.
Approach & solutions are not comprehensive
- A series of 'single benefit' solutions are implemented, which may do well to address that one challenge
- However, a holistic review of vulnerabilities will show that risks are created specifically because there are so many individual solutions with integration and a comprehensive strategy
Limited protection against data loss
- Multi-layered security with a comprehensive disaster plan is essential to prevent data loss
- Most internal teams under-consider the importance of disaster & recovery planning
Poorly planned integration of new technology
- The introduction of new technology can present risks to existing solutions
- Detailed integration planning is required before the addition of any new technology or solution
Outdated equipment & software
- Most companies struggle to determine the right time to upgrade their hardware and systems
- Putting off investments can lead to more significant (and costly) issues over time
Lack of internal employee security measures
- The root cause of nearly 50% of data breaches, employees (particularly if remote) open up a significant amount of attack vectors
With many of these challenges, internal teams often struggle to dedicate the resources beyond fighting the day-to-day fires. Combine increasingly complex IT environments with such a difficult hiring landscape, and it's a challenging time in IT.
Finding an IT partner for an assessment, strategy or management can be a transformative step in getting your organization to the next level.